Re: Org for non-users, part 2: `C-c C-e', a.k.a. `org-export-dispatch'

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org for non-users, part 2: `C-c C-e', a.k.a. `org-export-dispatch'
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 22:00:14 +0800

Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> writes:

> a few weeks ago I recorded a video called "Org for non-users" -
> link:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/2021-org-for-non-users.html

Also, feel free to read commentary inside source code. There are a
number of common concepts described in the top comments in the core Org
files, including org-element.el.

> that was about a way to understand some of the data structures that
> are used in the support for code blocks. Now I would like to do
> something similar with the exporter, but I am stuck at the first
> step... When I run `M-x org-export-dispatch' or `C-c C-e' it creates a
> second window whose mode line says "*Org Export Dispatcher*" -
>
> My first question is:
>
>   What are the recommended ways to abort org-export-dispatch without
>   letting it destroy the "*Org Export Dispatcher*" window and its
>   buffer?

You cannot. That window acts similarly to transient, but simpler. You
can think of *Org Export Disipatcher* as an extended help for
read-char-exclusive.

Best,
Ihor