Conversion to Jupyter notebooks

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Conversion to Jupyter notebooks
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 08:55:48 +0100

Hi list,

I was wondering if anyone here has experience converting Org files to Jupyter
notebooks, keeping the python source blocks as code blocks and correctly
identifying the =#+RESULTS:=. Just dropping the results would be fine as well.

I realise there are several ways to interact with Jupyter notebooks in Emacs,
but that's not really what I'm looking for. I'd like a plain old Org file with
source blocks that I can execute within Emacs and I would like to convert that
into an .ipynb file that I can share with people that don't use Emacs.

All I could find on the internet was a script by John Kitchin[1] that's from
2017 and it's apparently not entirely compatible with current Emacs and/or Org
mode, as it throws errors when I try to use it. I'm sure I could fix the
errors, but before I invest the time to do that, I wanted to ask here.

TIA

Joost

Footnotes:
[1]