Re: Suggestion: convert dispatchers to use transient

From: Christopher M. Miles
Subject: Re: Suggestion: convert dispatchers to use transient
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 13:37:59 +0800

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> Is the transient.el included in Emacs 28 the same as the one on GNU
> ELPA? I'm assuming it is, but I have to admit I'm still not 100% clear
> on how Emacs handles the situation where you use a library that is both
> built-in and available in ELPA. Does Emacs use the latest version
> available or does it use the built-in version until you explicitly
> select the ELPA versions?

I'm curious about this question too. What if user explicitly load a package
(not built-in but also
have Emacs built-in version like Dired etc) before org-mode requires it?

--
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3