Re: Suggestion: convert dispatchers to use transient

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: Suggestion: convert dispatchers to use transient
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 09:51:47 -0800

On 2/3/2022 2:07 AM, Tim Cross wrote:
After 28.0 is released, if transient is a GNU ELPA package, we can
probably just make it an org dependency and Emacs 26.x and 27.x should
be able to install and run it (would need to be verified).

The transient package is on GNU ELPA already[1], and based on its package metadata[2], supports Emacs 25.1+, so I don't think there should be any compatibility concerns (at least not with the availability of transient; maybe there are other reasons that dispatchers shouldn't change without an option to go back).

- Jim

[1] https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/transient.html
[2] https://github.com/magit/transient/blob/440a341831398b825dc2288a10821cf7be1999ca/lisp/transient.el#L9