Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2022 22:28:55 +0700

Ihor Radchenko writes:
Keeping in mind the above analogy, note that export blocks do not have
fallbacks, while special blocks do (for example, see
https://github.com/alhassy/org-special-block-extras/)

Ihor, I am sorry, but I missed your point. That project provides some set of defined link+block pairs and some macros to define new links/pairs. I do not see relation to export snippets or blocks that are used when their content is not intended to be reusable.

Maybe we should introduce an equivalent of special blocks, but for
inline use? Or should we modify _both_ inline export snippets and export
blocks to allow fallback mechanism?

I suppose, it should be consistent to consider adjacent export blocks as alternatives and to allow "fallback" or "default" block. Again, similar to @@:...@@ snippets, block content should be parsed as Org markup.