[FR][org-cite][oc-basic] Persistent Cache for Bibliography

From: psychosis
Subject: [FR][org-cite][oc-basic] Persistent Cache for Bibliography
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 13:04:19 +0100

Hello,

thanks to everybody who contributed to the excellent org-cite. I am satisfied with oc-basic, but org-cite-insert takes ten minutes on first execution to load the .bib-file. (This was already discussed here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-07/msg00466.html) After the first execution however the .bib-file is loaded immediately. I assume this has to do with the cache mentioned here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2021-11/msg00067.html. Unfortunately it seems that this cache does not persist after emacs is terminated. Would it be possible to make it persistent to eliminate the load time on the first execution of org-cite-insert?

Regards,

Paul