RE: [O] [RFC] Creole-style / Support for **emphasis**__within__**a word*

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: [O] [RFC] Creole-style / Support for **emphasis**__within__**a word**
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:50:10 +0000

Hello,

Sorry to dig out this almost 8 year old discussion, but after looking
into the git HEAD Org Mode manual (v9.5 or so) (info "(org) Emphasis and
Monospace") node, and after looking into the mail archive I could not
find any answer to this question: how to switch style within a word.

I would like to put something like this in an OrgMode document:

  ~--some-cli-option=~/some cli argument/

where the intent is that « --some-cli-option= » would be monospaced, and
« some cli argument » would be italicized, and as you know this does not
work this way.

  Vincent.