Re: Exporting Org file to Html with collapsable headings

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: Exporting Org file to Html with collapsable headings
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 07:18:31 +1100

ZIPING CHEN <ziping@mac.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a large org file with exceptional number of subheadings. For
> example, I may have org headings inside headings up
> to 20 or 30 layers deep.
>
> I may have many things like this in the middle of the file.
> ************************** a new heading.
>
> When I export the file to html, I like to export in such a way that the org
> headings become collapsable headline in html (toggle
> switch). I spend some time search the web, and find a theme called bigblow
> which does something close to what I want, but not
> exactly. It provide limited layer of toggle switch only. I wish to turn all
> layers of headings in org file into collapsable headline to
> html.
>
> Does anybody know a way I can accomplish this?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Ziping

The effect you are after can be achieved using either JS and CSS or with
just CSS. Most of the CSS frameworks out there will support this
functionality. For example

bootstrap - CSS and JS
bulma - CSS only
Tailwind - CSS only

I'm pretty sure all of the above support the ability to create a
minimised version which only includes the features you want. This can
help minimise unwanted interaction between different CSS style
definitions and reduce overall size.

Personally, I prefer bulma or tailwind over bootstrap as it avoids also
having to deal with javascript and having to bundle js code with your
final output.