Re: Depreciating TeX-style LaTeX fragments

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: Depreciating TeX-style LaTeX fragments
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 18:45:24 +0100

Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> \(g=\lim_{\delta m\to 0}(\delta F/\delta m)\)
>
> Backslash city! I know which one I'd prefer to read.

Further, in-text single-letter variables that permeate mathematical
writing, and I think everyone would agree that $k$ reads well.  Alas, as
soon as one needs to write $k$-th, it stops working and one must rewrite
as \(k\)-th.  So, one often ends up using both ways anyway, right?

Rudy

--
"Logic is a science of the necessary laws of thought, without which no
employment of the understanding and the reason takes place." -- Immanuel

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia