Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [BUG] Prefer lowercase #+results [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-3-geb9f34 @ /Users/salutis/src/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:33:23 +0800

Hi Christopher,

>> Is there a good reason for this?
>>
>> At a glance, I’d personally be tempted to make the use case insensitive, and
>> only use `org-babel-results-keyword’ when inserting, or remove it all
>> together.
>
> Me too, I hope it can be case-insensitive, if org-mode internal has already
> case-sensitive
> processing. I suggest to keep one standard. I remember used to blocks like
> `#+BEGIN_SRC' etc are
> uppercase by default. Latter changed into lowercase. Then I did a lot of work
> to replace them. If we
> need to use lowercase, I suggest to use them all. It might improve regexp
> matching speed? Don’t know……

See my reply to Ihor, I actually misread the code. It *is* case insensitive (as
it
should be). So, changing the default capitalisation of
`org-babel-results-keyword'
would have no effect on the interpretation or function of existing documents.

Based on your comments on converting block case, maybe it would be worth
providing a function to normalise the case in an Org document?

All the best,
Timothy