Re: Tool to compare and choose fonts

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Tool to compare and choose fonts
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 10:16:51 +0000

Ypo writes:

> Was a tool to compare fonts presented in this list some time ago?
>
> I lost it, I thought I discovered it on Reddit, but now I am thinking
> I found it here.
>
> It was a script that presented on emacs every font in the computer, in
> pairs; so the user chose one font each time, like if it were a
> "championship" between fonts.

https://github.com/alphapapa/unpackaged.el#font-compare

Outside of Emacs there are many tools for auditing fonts. In TeX live
you have the otfinfo script, for example, very useful. And recently the
Unicode Font Table package has been uploaded to CTAN, to represent
character tables in (Lua/Xe)LaTeX:

https://www.ctan.org/pkg/unicodefonttable

(an example that I have done inside Org, using LaTeX blocks:
https://i.imgur.com/eiiAUlB.png)

Best regards,

Juan Manuel