Re: Feedback on Emacs-Jupyter

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: Feedback on Emacs-Jupyter
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 20:37:30 -0800

Hi Nathaniel,

First, thank you (many times) for maintaining emacs-jupyter. It is one of the
most-used tools on my computer. I've been using your software daily for the
past few years to develop code and write papers.

I may think of more things as others reply, but the one thing I can think of
now is that I sometimes have issues inputting tables into Python code blocks.
We discussed this back in 2020/2021 here:
https://github.com/nnicandro/emacs-jupyter/issues/267 It is not emacs-jupyter
according to you, but I mention it here anyway.

Another feature that could be nice - Org has the ability to embed/encode images
into the document (see
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/27060/embed-image-as-base64-on-html-export-from-orgmode
 and  http://mbork.pl/2017-12-04_Embedding_files_in_Org-mode ). I do not
suggest doing this for large graphics, but for small graphics, it could be
interesting to have a "* Graphics" section at the bottom where the encoded
graphics are stored, and then display those encoded graphics at the normal
location (#+RESULTS: blocks below the code or elsewhere if #+NAME'd).

Implementing this feature would mean you could have self-contained /
single-file / standalone Org files with graphics, similar to how .ipynb files
contain graphics within. I'm not sure how useful this would be, but I throw it
out there as a concept/idea.

Thanks again for the excellent software,

  -k.

On 2022-01-04 at 15:24 -08, Nathaniel Nicandro <nathanielnicandro@gmail.com>