Bug report: org-preview-latex fails when using tramp

From: Dov Grobgeld
Subject: Bug report: org-preview-latex fails when using tramp
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 07:44:26 +0200

Hello,

Since the instructions say that bugs should be reported on the mailing list, I do so here.

When visiting a file by tramp over ssh, doing latex preview fails.

* Version

Tag 9.4.6 (commit:652430128)

* To reproduce:

Create the following org file:

#+begin_example
* Testing formulas
\[\xi^2+\chi^2\]
#+end_example

and invoke =org-latex-preview=.

The result is that org-latex preview fails finding the temporary tex file (which was saved on the remote server)

#+begin_example
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-1.40.18 (TeX Live 2017) (preloaded format=latex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
! I can't find file `/tmp/orgtexq5rOVI.tex'.
<*> /tmp/orgtexq5rOVI.tex

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit)
Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> /tmp/orgtexq5rOVI.tex

No pages of output.