Re: org-persist cache for remote files

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: org-persist cache for remote files
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:28:30 +0100

> Lele Gaifax <lele@metapensiero.it> writes:
>
>> In the meanwhile, here below some notes:
>
> Thanks! See the updated patch.

Great, you're so fast! :-)

I couldn't test yet, but I saw a couple of other glitches, sorry for not
noticing first.

> +(defcustom org-persist-remote-files 100
> +  "Whether to keep persistent data for remote files.
> +
> +When this variable is nil, never save persitent data associated with
> +remote files.  When `t', always keep the data.  When
> +`check-existence', contact remote server containing the file and only
> +keep the data when the file exists on the server. When a number, keep
> +up to that number persistent values for remote files.

s/persitent/persistent

> +Note that the last option `check-existence' may cause Emacs to show
> +password prompts to log in."

I'd remove "last" above, since `check-existence' is not the last (described)
option anymore.

> +  :group 'org-persist
> +  :type '(choice (const :tag "Never" nil)
> +                 (const :tag "Always" t)
> +                 (number :tag "Keep note more than X files")

Now that you explained the meaning, maybe better to be explicit here,
mentioning "X remote files"?

Thanks&bye, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.