Re: oc-biblatex and biblatex substyles

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: oc-biblatex and biblatex substyles
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 11:40:01 -1000

Aloha Nicolas,

"Thomas S. Dye" <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

IIUC, the map in 'org-cite-biblatex-styles' is correct for
biblatex-chicago.

biblatex-chicago introduces new LaTeX commands. Does that mean those can
be ignored?

If the goal is to support the styles and variants in org-cite-biblatex-styles, then I believe the answer is 'yes'.

A potentially useful biblatex-chicago extension to \textcite is \gentextcite, which depending on the package option genallnames will give all authors' names or the last author's name in genitive form. This defaults to the English 's, but there is an optional argument so it can be tailored to other languages. It might be worthwhile to map this to a new 'gen' variant of the 'text' style.

Rasmus has been active in biblatex-chicago development, so I'd be keen to hear his thoughts on the capabilities of oc-biblatex-chicago.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye