Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 10:46:34 +0000

On Wednesday,  8 Dec 2021 at 17:16, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> If you have 1400 slides of lectures, all carefully laid out to convey

Been there, done that. 😞 I've learned to not upgrade org (or Emacs) for
a few weeks before the start of term!

I am a big fan of backwards compatibility but not if it becomes a
stranglehold on significant improvements.  Org v8 in particular was a
major step forward but broke many of my org files.  I was happy with the
trade-off: immediate pain but much better basis for future developments.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.1-254-g14ed65 in Emacs 29.0.50
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096