Re: Making a dictionary in Org

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: Making a dictionary in Org
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 13:13:11 -1000

Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:

Hi,

How to create a 'dictionary style' PDF document from Org, with two columns and with dynamic page headers[1]: here I share (attached) an Org file, in case it is useful to someone, with the (simplified) LaTeX code I used to define the styles of the entries and the dynamic page headers in the typesetting of the /Hispanic Dictionary of Classical Tradition/.

I produced this dictionary (828 pp.) using Org and Org-Publish, with
output to LuaLaTeX. Some images:
https://maciaschain.gitlab.io/lunotipia/images/muestras-dhtc5.png
https://maciaschain.gitlab.io/lunotipia/images/muestras-dhtc3.png
https://maciaschain.gitlab.io/lunotipia/images/muestras-dhtc4.png

[1] If a page contains multiple entries, the first and the last entries are collected, both separated by an en dash; if the page contains a single entry, or a continuation of the previous page/entry, it is
collected that entry only.

Nice work!

All the best,
Tom