Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 00:34:33 +0100

On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 10:01:15PM +0700, Max Nikulin wrote:
> On 04/12/2021 06:51, Tim Cross wrote:
> >
> > Please, please can we stop trying to satisfy every edge case or extend
> > the markup to satisfy every possible scenario.
>
> It is ridiculous to throw away a nice tool and start to struggle with
> another bunch of problems when a small missed feature is really required.

I think this is a problem of expectations. I don't export Org to
export perfect documents in every language. I expect Org to make a
simple subset of features available consistently.

With HTML or Latex you can create those words, and you can insert that
code into your Org document. Why does the Org syntax need to be
further extended to support this?

Part of the reason Org is a nice tool is that it is simple, and we
should be cautious trying to make it any more complex.