Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Heinz Tuechler
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2021 12:54:38 +0100

Juan Manuel Macías wrote/hat geschrieben on/am 05.12.2021 12:08:
Ihor Radchenko writes:

I view "Org Mode" as a "brand name". Something uniquely identifying Org
mode and serving as a search term.

Yes, it makes sense.

Is it your principal position about the title specifically? Do you think
that just referring to Emacs in the website description is not
sufficient?

Note that my suggestion #1 has nothing to do with actual orgmode.org
front page. Just about how it appears in search results.

Yes, sorry for not explaining myself well: I was also referring to
search results, not the title in the web site...

But the question is: what need is there to remove the reference to Emacs
in the search result? I think the emphasis is necessary. As we say in
spanish, it's like putting the bandage on before the wound. If there are
people who think that Org Mode can 'live' in some way outside of Emacs
(a respectable opinion, but that I do not share, at least 100%), I think
the burden of the work falls on them and not on us, the users of
Emacs-Org-Mode. Anyway it is my simple and subjetive opinion, and it is
not my intention to initiate a controversy with it.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

As a humble emacs and org-mode user I second this "simple and subjectiv
opinion".
Therefore I would first mention org as an emacs mode and secondly as a
file format.

best regards,

Heinz