Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Org-syntax: Intra-word markup
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 21:16:18 +0000

Hi John,

John Kitchin writes:

> Along these lines (and combining the s-exp suggestion from Max) , you
> can achieve something like this with links.

I like this idea of merging the Maxim's proposal with the power of links.

In any case, this and other workarounds provided here make it clear that
in Org we do not lack of good and useful resources. I usually use macros
(taking advantage of the fact that macros expand soon). For example
(only in this case with the LaTeX backend):

#+MACRO: emph (eval (when (org-export-derived-backend-p
org-export-current-backend 'latex) (concat "@@latex:\\emph{@@" $1

Defined the macro this way, it allows me also to introduce nested
emphases by both ways:

#+begin_src example
{{{emph(lorem *ipsum* /dolor/ {{{emph(sit)}}} amet)}}}
#+end_src

==> \emph{lorem \textbf{ipsum} \emph{dolor} \emph{sit} amet}

Best regards,

Juan Manuel