Re: Some commentary on the Org Syntax document

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Some commentary on the Org Syntax document
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 22:00:27 +0800

>> This sounds reasonable. We can change
>>
>> - Three categories are used to classify these environments: “Greater
>>   elements”, “elements”, and “objects”, from the broadest scope to the
>>   narrowest. The word “element” is used for both Greater and non-Greater
>>   elements, the context should make that clear.
>> + Two main categories are used to classify these environments:
>>   "elements" and "objects", from the broadest scope to the narrowest.
>>   "Elements" consist of "greater elements" that can contain other
>>   elements and objects and "lesser elements" that can only contain
>>   objects.
>
> There are actually three types of elements: not all elements can contain
> objects.

You are right. However, I am not sure if it is a good idea to mention
this in the introduction part of the syntax document.

Maybe we can just say "... lesser elements" that cannot contain other
elements."? Then, we mention that some elements cannot contain objects
in the description of those elements.

Best,
Ihor