Re: [BUG] C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifi

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [BUG] C-c C-* causes "org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected."
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 19:27:02 +0700

On 30/11/2021 19:54, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

Ihor, thank you for your work related to such issues. I had a hope to
thank you for the fix, but I faced a warning again in a bit modified
scenario. This time it is soft indent mode.
First letter of new heading must be a capital one, though it can be
Latin. Converting top-level "H" heading by C-c C-* does not cause such
warning.

Well... I added yet another exception on main. Note that this special
case is also just in older Emacs versions.

Ihor, have you pushed the change? I still can reproduce the issue with Emacs-26.3

Next Ubuntu LTS is expected in April, upgrades will be enabled about September. As fallback (for the case of some intrusive changes that might be added by Canonical) I consider Debian and it has ~2 years release cycle as well.

(and I secretly hope that this kind of
patch will be implemented by someone else as a part of tree-sitter
integration).

A piece of friendly trolling: it would be tree-sitter module for Org syntax.

The most problematic
is the case triggered by self-insert-command, but it will not trigger
cache reset.

I mean namely this case of just typing text somewhere in a large file.