Re: "Orgdown", the new name for the syntax of Org-mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: "Orgdown", the new name for the syntax of Org-mode
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:50:16 -0700

if you will forgive one more bikeshed answer, what about this?

- reduced org
- reduced org, version 1

and maybe

- .rorg extension [if and only if needed to guarantee reduction]

as for why you got bikeshed answers, maybe the subject header of this
thread might have been part of it?

idk.

===

as for [other thread], i don't think you are doing this because
reduced org is an interesting idea but:

> "Does "assuming too much on other people's world because on my own small
> world" have a scientific name?"

"epistemic tresspassing" has been used for something a bit similar.
also i would use the term "drive-by paper" for e.g. making claims
about a disease that the authors do not understand at all but think
they do, wanting to try their ideology, measurement tool, or intuition
regardless so they can get a paper out of it, but that does not apply
here.  more generally are things like fiefdom/chauvanism, ideological
bias, and professional bias, which are different.  maybe there should
be a "small world bias" or an "if you have a hammer everything looks
like a nail bias"?  and a "common belief bias" and "cultural belief
bias"?  and a "my favorite language bias"?  you might also consider
the availability heuristic, saliency bias, epistemic injustice, and
omission bias, but those are different too.

i think it is a good idea to be interested in the possibility of
reduced org as a generic markup language.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html