Re: Org ELPA: does not include 9.5 as expected, archives appear largely

From: William McCoy
Subject: Re: Org ELPA: does not include 9.5 as expected, archives appear largely identical?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 13:53:10 -0500

I still don't see Org 9.5.1 on GNU ELPA, just 9.5.  Does it usually take so long to appear?

Thanks, Bill

On 11/22/21 12:05 AM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Nicolas,

Org 9.5.1 is planned to be the last stable version before the final
merge into the Emacs 28 branch, so I will ping the Emacs maintainers
first -- thanks for the reminder!
Another possibility is to release Org 9.5.1 and make Org 9.5.2 (or
9.5.3, or...) the last stable version. I.e., we don't need to delay
artificially the release (but we may delay this one for other reasons,
obviously).
I first wanted to check that it's okay with the Emacs maintainers if
we release new bugfix releases that we don't merge yet into the Emacs
28 branch, so that we can only merge the latest one.  They agreed to
that, so I've now released Org 9.5.1, it should appear in GNU ELPA
in the next hours.

Thanks!