Re: bulk archive slow

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: bulk archive slow
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 21:14:46 +0800

> thank you!  bulk archiving will be among the first things i will try
> once i upgrade.  i have years[?] of doneified tasks now i think.
>
> i always use maint, with my own few patches rebased on top, so not
> sure if i can take advantage of it, except to run main to do it.

If you think that your patches could be also useful for others, feel
free to send them here.

> this brings up a tangential question.  what was the reasoning behind
> changing maint to bugfix and master to main?

AFAIU, master -> main is the USA thing where word "master" is considered
sensitive (and Org is released under FSF, based in USA).

maint -> bugfix is probably to avoid too similar branch names. I am not
sure here.

Best,
Ihor