LinkRemark Firefox extension approved for addons.mozilla.org

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: LinkRemark Firefox extension approved for addons.mozilla.org
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 00:01:17 +0700

A year ago I announced LinkRemark browser extension to save metadata of web pages as notes in Org Mode. New version is available in Firefox catalog (It is not published to Chrome store, the only option is still to load unpacked extension.):

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/linkremark/

Capture is not ideal and notes require edits. Some subset of schema.org microdata embedded into HTML markup is extracted now. I addressed some issues from comments to first release. Example:

#+begin_src org
  ,* Link: Karl Voit: UOMF: Managing web bookmarks with Org Mode
  :PROPERTIES:
  :DATE_ADDED: [2021-09-28 Tue 12:15]
  :END:

  - Link URL :: [[https://karl-voit.at/2014/08/10/bookmarks-with-orgmode/]]
  - Link text :: Karl Voit: UOMF: Managing web bookmarks with Org Mode

  ,#+begin_quote
  author: Karl Voit
  published: [2014-08-10 Sun]
  ,#+end_quote

  On the page

  ,** Adam Porter — org-almanac
  :PROPERTIES:
  :DATE_ADDED: [2021-09-28 Tue 12:15]
  :LAST_MODIFIED: [2021-09-18 Tue 01:23]​ 09/18/2021 01:23:46
  :END:

  - URL :: [[https://alphapapa.github.io/org-almanac/]]
  - title :: org-almanac
  - author :: Adam Porter