Re: [BUG] Warning (emacs): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modif

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [BUG] Warning (emacs): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications detected. Resetting. [9.5 (release_9.5-223-g876e81 @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 14:50:07 +0800

Hello,
** Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2021-11-11 13:54:05 +0800]:

> Vladimir Lomov <lomov.vl@yandex.ru> writes:

>> A few weeks ago I started seeing these warnings from Emacs:
>>
>> Warning (emacs): org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer modifications
>> detected. Resetting.
>> This happens when I edit a table. Even if I disable the warning
>> ("showing" and "logging"), editing is still very slow compared to what it
>> was.

> Thanks for reporting!

> Are you able to reproduce with emacs -Q?

No, editing table 'charges.org' in Emacs running as 'emacs -Q' works fine, but
it uses org mode shipped with Emacs. If I launch emacs as 'emacs -Q -l
org-min.el' then I see the same messages.

An interesting observation (I didn't check that before): if I use English
language (latin keyboard) all goes fine, but when I switch input method (C-\,
Russian language) I see these warnings and editing slows down.

> Are you using any third-party packages that have anything to do with tables?

I use several emacs packages, but they don't interact with Org buffers (except
CDLaTeX but I don't use it in particular file).

This is 'org-min.el' file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org")
; (add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org_contrib")

> Best,
> Ihor

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Q:      What's the difference between USL and the Graf Zeppelin?