Re: Introducing Org-transclusion

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Introducing Org-transclusion
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 18:11:37 +0100

>>> "NO" == Noboru Ota <me@nobiot.com> writes:

Hi Noboru

> Hi everyone,
> This is my first post to Org mailing list.

> I would like to introduce an add-on package I have been developing for
> about one year and ask for discussion / advice.

> The package is named "Org-transclusion", and is available on GitHub at
> https://github.com/nobiot/org-transclusion.  Simply put, it lets you
> insert a copy of text content via a file link or ID link within an Org
> file.  The GitHub repository contains links short video presentations
> and documentation in detail.

> Judging from feedback from users, it is used for academic writing such
> as PhD dissertation, technical writing with source code embedded as
> transclusions, and note taking.

I just learned about this interesting package.

I played a bit with it, one question to be sure.

If I include the content of another org file (say Russell) into my
main.org file

    1. I can export main.org to say latex and that latex file includes
       the corresponding content of Russell.

    2. It is a one way bridge, I cannot modify the content of Russell in
       main.org, right?

Regards

Uwe Brauer