Re: [BUG] after update to 9.5, starting org mode results in cache error

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] after update to 9.5, starting org mode results in cache error messages [9.5 (9.5-gd4e192 @ c:/Users/scott/.emacs.d/straight/build/org/)]
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 19:50:25 +0800

Greg Coladonato <gcoladon@gmail.com> writes:

> I uninstalled undo-fu and re-ran the profiler. It takes even longer to save
> org files now. Here's the profiler report now, does it look like helm-M-x
> is
> now the bottleneck?

The profiler does not show anything about saving buffer. I suspect that
you had profiler running for a long time - the statistics appears to be
from a long session, so that saving buffer is insignificant compared to
some command you use frequently (helm search in org buffer?).

To make sure that you are getting profiler statistics just from saving
buffer, you can first run M-x profiler-stop. Only after making sure that
old profiler is not running, you can M-x profiler-start <save buffer>
M-x profiler-report.

Note that you can try to look for the bottleneck yourself: profiler
report buffer works similar to Org buffer - you can hit <TAB> to unfold
the call-tree and reveal more about slow commands.

Best,
Ihor