Org default is Left-to-right

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Org default is Left-to-right
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:19:06 +0300

Hi, in org.el ,  when defining the mode there's the code

    (setq bidi-paragraph-direction 'left-to-right)

which makes everything left-to-right instead of 'nil which smartly
aligns paragraphs either LTR or RTL according to the language of that
paragraph.

nil is Emacs default. I don't understand why Org chooses to align
everything to the left, disregarding any RTL language. Org works great
with RTL and even with mixed languages, as many people can attest.

Can we consider dropping this line? LTR people wouldn't notice any
difference but RTL people will appreciate it without needing to override
it using a hook or toggling it with some elisp code (like I did).

Thanks,

--

Daniel Fleischer