Re: Problems generating the org-mode documentation

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Problems generating the org-mode documentation
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 08:34:09 +0200

Hi

> I think the trouble with "TeX capacity exceeded" is not a trouble with "make doc", Emacs or Org.
> Probably a trouble with make or TeX environment as for example the size of available RAM.
> I have already met that on Virtual machine with not enough memory for compilation but just enough for installation of the OS.

I have checked on a MacBook Pro with 16G running non-virtualised and I met the problem at the same place as on a Ubuntu Linux VM with 2, 4 or 8 GBytes of memory

Best, /PA

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 at 08:16, Vincent Breton <emacs-orgmode@presentiel.fr> wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2021, at 20:51, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I'm trying to generate the documentation
> ./org.texi:17579: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
Jean-Christophe Helary reported too the location of the source of trouble identified by Takesi Ayanokoji.

I think the trouble with "TeX capacity exceeded" is not a trouble with "make doc", Emacs or Org.
Probably a trouble with make or TeX environment as for example the size of available RAM.
I have already met that on Virtual machine with not enough memory for compilation but just enough for installation of the OS.

On my system "make doc" generate an error but I found a temporary solution to generate the documentation in PDF.

1) I start to make a git clone:
git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git
2) I used make
cd org-mode
make cleanall
make all
3) I generate the pdf files inside the doc directory without using make file:
cd doc
makeinfo --pdf org.texi
makeinfo --pdf orgguide.texi
4) You can find the files generated in http://www.presentiel.com/org/orgguide.pdf and  in http://www.presentiel.com/org/org.pdf

About "make doc":
"make doc" don't work on my environment:
"make info" and "make html" are working fine but "make pdf", a part of "make doc", is not working on my environment.

I reproduce below the error and I suppose there is something wrong with the initial path:

entering extended mode
(../../../org.t2d/pdf/src/org.texi)
*
! Emergency stop.
<*> \input ../../../org.t2d/pdf/src/org.texi

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on org.log.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler