Re: Fwd: errors when using org-agenda

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: Fwd: errors when using org-agenda
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 13:26:12 +0300

Tim, et al.,

> These types of errors are frequently caused by a 'mixed' installation
> of org versions. This will happen if you upgrade org when org is
> already loaded in the instance of emacs used to perform the upgrade.

a question: is there any way that we can, as org starts up, detect
either the actuality, or possibility, of a mixed installation?
maybe something like
----
(assert (eq 1
            (length
             (seq-filter
              (lambda (d) (file-exists-p (concat d "/" "org.el")))
              load-path))))
----
or some such?  (well, maybe fail in a more user-friendly way... :)

cheers, Greg