Re: org-persist - bug report

From: Colin Baxter 😺
Subject: Re: org-persist - bug report
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:04:15 +0100

    >> git. Whenever I visited a certain org file, my Emacs became >>
    >> unusable. Any attempt to use M-x (execute-extended-command) >>
    >> resulted in max-specpdl-size errors as did using C-x C-c to exit
    >> this >> down to org-persist. Deleting "~/.cache/org-persist" made
    >> the >> problem go away.
    >>
    >> I just stumbled on this error myself. The culprit was a agenda
    >> file - I mean, an org-mode file called by org-agenda. I'll pursue
    >> further when I've got time (not today!)

    > If you see the error again, can you also try with the following?

    > (setq org-element--cache-self-verify 'backtrace)
    > (setq org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency 1)

I set the above in my ~/.emacs

    > If a warning appears, backtrace could be helpful. If not, it
    > should be something to do with org-element-cache-map.

The max-specpdl-size error has happened again when I tried to add a note
to an agenda item. Emacs hung and had to be killed. The debugger buffer
was empty and the only other information given was the message:

mapc: Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Colin.