Re: org-persist

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-persist
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:41:52 +0800

Colin Baxter 😺 <m43cap@yandex.com> writes:

> I may not have understood things fully, but it seems that the
> org-persist directory is set only by the
> org-persist-path. Unfortunately, the resulting org-persist directory in
> ~/.cache is no good for me since I daily clear out my ~/.cache using
> bleachbit. I can't find a way of changing org-persist-path and grep
> finds the variable only in ORG-NEWS.

Oops. It was my bad (fixed now). Should be `org-persist-directory'. You
can set it to other location in your init.el.

Also, deleting the cache would not make any harm, except possible slower
Org startup. org-persist should handle such case routinely. If you are
using bleachbit for privacy reasons, you may want to keep the default
cache directory: i.e. headline titles are stored in cache (unless you
are using org-crypt).

Best,
Ihot