[OT] Ebib file field [was: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [OT] Ebib file field [was: New user experience ct'd: exporting citations into LaTeX (9.5)]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 23:50:03 +0200

On Wed, Oct 13 2021, Leszek Wroński wrote:
> thank you very much for your responses to my previous query. (I will
> study the ebib package more closely; as of now it does not seem to
> work with the file fields in my Mendeley-created .bib file.

This can probably be remedied with a little Elisp. There's a user option
`ebib-file-name-mod-function`, which is called to convert the contents of the
`file` field into a file name that can be passed to a pdf viewer (and vice
versa).

An example is in this Github issue:

https://github.com/joostkremers/ebib/issues/126

If your Elisp fu isn't too strong, I should be able to help.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments