Re: Manual suggestion and experience report from a new user (citation pr

From: M . ‘quintus’ Gülker
Subject: Re: Manual suggestion and experience report from a new user (citation processors, 9.5)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 19:29:54 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 13. Oktober 2021 schrieb Leszek Wroński:
> Ideally I'd like a click on a citation to open the PDF whose location
> is stored in the 'file' field of the .bib entry: is there an easy way
> to achieve this? [I've tried various ways of doing this in the last
> 10+ years, including org-ref, RefTex etc., but am I correct in
> assuming that currently the idea is that one should only use the
> Org-mode for such things?]

Maybe it helps you: I use ebib for managing my .bib files. While I have
not yet tried directly to jump from a citation key in an .org file to
the corresponding ebib entry, I suppose there is a way. In ebib then it
is as easy as pressing “f” to open the PDF referenced in the “file”
field.

  -quintus

--
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu | PGP: Siehe Webseite