Re: Expanding how the new cite syntax is used to include cross-reference

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: Expanding how the new cite syntax is used to include cross-references - thoughts?
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 17:58:16 -0400

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 5:16 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I think the existing link capability of org-mode is completely adequate for
> cross-references. LaTeX exports are almost completely covered in org-ref. I
> made a refproc
> (https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref/blob/org-ref-3/org-ref-refproc.el) that
> provides similar export behavior for other backends in a pre-processing hook.
> It supports the concepts in autoref and cleveref by replacing the org-links
> with an appropriate org syntax that then exports natively. For example, if
> cref:name references a table, it would get replaced by "Table [[name]]" in
> the buffer and then exported to the desired backend.

Nice work John; I'm glad you were able to sort it out.

I haven't had a chance to play with it, but FYI I'm seeing a number of
compilation warnings (see below), which should be easy enough to fix.

Any reason this, or something like it, shouldn't be added to org?

Bruce

org-ref-refproc.el:15:1: Warning: defcustom for
    ‘org-ref-refproc-clever-prefixes’ fails to specify type
org-ref-refproc.el:15:1: Warning: defcustom for
    ‘org-ref-refproc-clever-prefixes’ fails to specify type

In org-ref-get-ref-links:
org-ref-refproc.el:47:54: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘org-ref-ref-types’

In org-ref-refproc-referenceables:
org-ref-refproc.el:113:60: Warning: reference to free variable
    ‘org-ref-label-re’

In org-ref-refproc-cref-replacement:
org-ref-refproc.el:379:41: Warning: assignment to free variable ‘prefix-data’
org-ref-refproc.el:382:27: Warning: reference to free variable ‘prefix-data’

In end of data:
org-ref-refproc.el:244:7: Warning: the function ‘org-ref-ref-jump-to’ is not
    known to be defined.