Rescaling #+INCLUDES / Not centering #+INCLUDE?

From: Guillaume MULLER
Subject: Rescaling #+INCLUDES / Not centering #+INCLUDE?
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 16:18:33 +0200

Hi,

I have Emacs 26.3 + Org mode 9.4.6.

I tried to recompile an org-beamer file I created a few moths ago (see
equivalent MCE attached), but it did not succeed.

The thing is I was #+INCLUDing a .dot file (also attached for completeness, but
it could be any .dot file). I was putting the result inside a scalebox:

@@latex: \center \scalebox{.85}{@@
#+INCLUDE: test.dot src dot :file test.png
@@latex:}@@

I don't know how it was translated in previous versions of org-mode but it
compiled perfectly.

Now I get error "! LaTeX Error: Something's wrong--perhaps a missing \item."
during LaTeX compilation.

It seems the problem comes from the fact that the included file is
automatically \begin{center}ed, which conflicts with my scalebox, as seen in
output .tex file:

\begin{frame}[label={sec:org0a44c10}]{Test Slide}
 \center \scalebox{.85}{
\begin{center}
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{./images/DesignPatterns/23_DesignPatterns.png}
\end{center}

}
\end{frame}

When I remove the \begin/end{center}, the .tex file compiles fine.

I've tried to add ":center false" in the #+INCLUDE instruction and in a
#+ATTR_LATEX preceding the #+INCLUDE. With no success.

I cannot find anything about centering (or not) a #+INCLUDE results in the docs
nor in the mailing list.

Maybe there is a way to rescale the output without the \scalebox too, but I
couldn't find how. Whatever I put in the #+ATTR_LATEX before the #+INCLUDE or
in the #+INCLUDE (:cmdline -Gsize for dot) does not seem to be taken into
account.

So any help would be appreciated.

BTW, thanks for the magnificent tools. I use them everyday and I love them!

Regards,

--
Guillaume MULLER
Data Scientist, PhD