Re: Best way to include METAPOST in ConTeXt exporter

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Best way to include METAPOST in ConTeXt exporter
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 00:46:08 +0800

Jason Ross <jasonross1024@gmail.com> writes:

> I had considered using special blocks; they match my mental model the best.
> However, they don't provide any support for syntax highlighting or opening
> the block in a new major mode buffer. I'm not sure if it's worth giving up
> language features in order to use the block that's most intuitive to users.
>
> I'm also considering writing an Org Babel module for METAPOST. This could
> allow METAPOST figures to be included with any export backend. However,
> if I go this route, there are still some challenges:

If you are in control of the export backend, you can directly process
the metapost source blocks during export and ignore/filter their output
as needed.

>    #+MACRO: conditional-header (eval (when (not (eq
> org-export-current-backend 'context)) (concat  "#+HEADER: :results
> file :file " $1)))

>    #+BEGIN_SRC metapost :results drawer :post
> wrap_metapost(name="my-name", caption="my-caption", data=*this*)

Or you can use "raw" results by default and format everything as you
wish in your Org Babel module programatically.

If above is not sufficient, you can install global export filters that
can transform the metapost blocks/source blocks/their results as you
need in other export backends.

Best,
Ihor