Re: "Unknown processor biblatex"

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: "Unknown processor biblatex"
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 12:11:26 +0100

Colin,

I also only use the basics when writing articles.  With the new
org-cite, the closest I have is with the following settings, as an
example:

#+cite_export: natbib plain
#+latex_header: \usepackage[numbers,sort,super]{natbib}
#+bibliography: ~/[...]/bibliography.bib

This converts the simplest [cite:@author] to \citep{author}.  Natbib
settings need to be adjusted to your tastes/needs, of course.

In my org configuration, I have

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (require 'oc-basic)
  (require 'oc-csl)
  (require 'oc-natbib)
#+end_src

to cover all the bases.

I have not been able to get away from using natbib for LaTeX export,
unfortunately.  A simple basic bibtex org-cite exporter would be
welcome, one that simply generates \cite{author} without any frills.

It's important to highlight that, to me, the advantage of org-cite, over
what I was using before with my own cite: link definition, is that
changing that first line to something like

#+cite_export: csl "[...]/acm-siggraph.csl"

lets me export the same document to ODT or text with the
citations.  It's not something I need often but I did in fact need it
just recently and was greatly welcome!

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-30-g9e71df
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096