Re: Cannot clone org-mode's git repository

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: Cannot clone org-mode's git repository
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 17:47:22 +0100

    > Hello, I get a strange error when I try to clone org-mode:

    > redknight@jetstar:~/git$ git clone
    > https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git Cloning into
    > 'org-mode'...  fatal: unable to access
    > 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/': server
    > certificate verification failed. CAfile:
    > /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLfile: none

    > There seems to be nothing wrong with my git. I can pull other
    > emacs. auctex, etc. with no problems.

I tried again a couple of hours later and succeeded in cloning
org-mode. I have no idea what the error was and how it occurred. It
might have had something to do with the fact I was attempting to clone
in a remote host to which I had ssh'd, but that's just a guess.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions, which I have
made notes in case it happens again.

Sorry Timothy, a copy of this post emailed to you will probably get
trashed by google. Google seems to regard yandex.com as the source of all
evil and will not accept email from that host - or more accurately from
my email a/c at that host.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.