Re: 9.5: coping with loss of ditaa.jar

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: 9.5: coping with loss of ditaa.jar
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 18:39:15 +0700

On 03/10/2021 11:25, Jarmo Hurri wrote:

I use ditaa with org on a regular basis. Now that ditaa.jar is out of
org 9.5, I need to cope with the situtation.

I see two options, and neither was successful today. This is sort of
what I was afraid of when I voted for keeping ditaa bundled with org.

1. I am running Fedora 34, where ditaa is available as a
    package. However, just pointing org-ditaa-jar-path to the correct
    location /usr/share/java/ditaa.jar is not sufficient, because doing
    so leads to errors when trying to execute a ditaa babel block:

I am not a ditaa user currently, but generally it should be the preferred option. I have not looked into ob-ditaa.el however to realize if it has enough defcustom options.

2. Ditaa is available via github at
    https://github.com/stathissideris/ditaa

    The developer section points to building with some clojure build
    system lein, which is not available in my system, and in Fedora,
    running

    dnf list available '*lein*'

Option 3: jar built by ditaa developers https://github.com/stathissideris/ditaa/releases