Re: Release 9.5

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Release 9.5
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 14:28:40 +0700

On 01/10/2021 10:53, Jarmo Hurri wrote:
Bastien writes:

I just ran 'git pull' and got a warning and an error:

warning: redirecting to https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git/
Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref 'refs/heads/maint'
from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.

Maybe you are trying to pull while you are on master branch from old orgmode.org repository. You should either remove or rename old remote

    git remote rm origin

or

    git remote rename origin orgmode_org

and

git remote add origin https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs/org-mode.git
    git fetch origin
    git checkout main  # or bugfix

Even if you already added new repository earlier then maybe you are still on the master branch from old repository. Run "git fetch" with proper remote name and

    git checkout main
    git pull

(not "maint" that is "bugfix" now) should help. The commands that should help to determine current state of your repository

    git remote -v show
    git status -sb

Do I need to start a new clone from scratch, or is there a fix for this?

Git may works with several remotes, so it is not necessary.

(I honestly have _no recollection_ of what changes I have made, and what
changes need to be made, to the cloned repository locally in order for
'make' to run successfully.)

If you have a personal local branch, checkout it and rebase to "main" or "bugfix". If it is (or was) tracking remote changes, it may require adjustment.