Re: Request to Unsubscribe

From: tomas
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 21:33:41 +0200

On Fri, Oct 01, 2021 at 12:58:04PM -0600, Jain, Rishabh wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Hope you are doing well. I'd appreciate if you can help unsubscribe me from
> the orgmode mailing list.
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

You can do it yourself. Have a look at the mail headers
of any mail you receive from this list (this works for
most mailing lists, that's why I take more time to explain
it).

Among them, you'll find one like this

(the indentation here is for clarity; actually the line is
longer, but that part above is sufficient).

This is telling you: if you want to unsubscribe from this
list, you can either

 (a) go with your browser to
     https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/options/emacs-orgmode
     and follow the instructions there (you'll have to
     enter the mail address you subscribed with, and you'll
     probably receive a confirmation mail

     OR
 (b) (my favourite): send a mail to emacs-orgmode-request@gnu.org
     with the Subject "unsubscribe" (without the quotes). The
     mail's content is irrelevant (maybe you have to put something
     to keep your mail program happy). Again, you'll receive a
     confirmation mail you'll have to reply to (to prove that
     the request really came from you).

HTH

Cheers
 - t