Re: org-element.el change in emacs.git

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: org-element.el change in emacs.git
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 22:31:02 -0400

Adam Porter writes:

> I noticed this recent commit on emacs.git making a change to
> org-element.el:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=58102466e32d4dd9c7d816cdc3f4595a2145f332

Thanks for the heads up.

I monitor Org-related changes to the Emacs repo and port them to Org's.
Entering into Emacs release periods, I tend to look at least once a day
so that porting doesn't hold up cutting a bugfix release and syncing.
Other times, it's not as frequent, but usually not less than once a
week.

None of that is to say that flagging an important commit isn't
appreciated.  Just setting expectations about what the normal intake
looks like.

(Fwiw a log of the considered commits is available at
<https://git.kyleam.com/orgmode-backport-notes/plain/orgmode-backports.org>.)

> I don't see that change in org-mode.git, and it seems like it could be
> an important one, so I wanted to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

It came in with c763b9ae6 (Backport commit 58102466e from Emacs,
2021-09-30), and it looks like it was merged into the bugfix branch
about ten minutes before your message landed, but I probably _pushed_ a
bit after you hit send :)