Re: babel default header args as functions

From: Matt Huszagh
Subject: Re: babel default header args as functions
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 21:53:02 -0700

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> I just read your docs patch, and that’s lead to a quick question: does this
> patch
> support a header arg function in the form “(:file .
> #’my-org-file-name-generator)”?

Unfortunately it doesn't. It's been about a year since I wrote this
patch, so I'm a bit hazy on some of the details, but IIRC it has to deal
with org-mode's use of lexical binding. If you're interested in digging
deeper (or maybe even getting it to work, which would be great) I'd look
at `org-babel-eval-headers'. The `functionp' line in there returns nil
and the function isn't evaluated unless it's a closure.

Matt