Re: LaTeX export: grffile is a stub package

From: Stefan Nobis
Subject: Re: LaTeX export: grffile is a stub package
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 10:03:56 +0200

Timothy <tecosaur@gmail.com> writes:

> meedstrom@teknik.io writes:

> Oh, that reminds me, we can also get rid of texcomp.
> <https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#reduce-default-packages>

Hmmm... one note about xcolor in your list: Some configuration options
are load-time options that have to be set as package load options. If
xcolor is already loaded with no options, its much harder to load it
with special options like [table,svgnames*]. Also some classes like
beamer are very special with reagads to xcolor.

But what about some other tweaks?

To better support lualatex and xelatex in the default configuration,
we should add

    ("" "fontspec" t ("lualatex" "xelatex"))

Personally, I would also add the following two lines for better
multilingual support with all three engines:

    ("AUTO,safe=none,math=normal" "babel" t ("pdflatex" "lualatex"))
    ("AUTO" "polyglossia" t ("xelatex"))

Then, for math it may be nice to substitute "amsmath" with "mathtools"
and for lualatex and xelatex add something like this:

    ("warnings-off={mathtools-colon,mathtools-overbracket}" "unicode-math" t
("lualatex" "xelatex"))

What do you think?

--
Until the next mail...,