Re: [Patch] tests for org-remove-invisible

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [Patch] tests for org-remove-invisible
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 23:53:40 +0700

On 21/05/2021 01:06, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Maxim Nikulin writes:

The main patch that fixes org-remove-invisible to improve list sorting is
landed.

Let me remind that there were patches that added more test cases:
https://orgmode.org/list/s5p88r$go9$1@ciao.gmane.io
Is there any interest in them?

In the following subthread Nicolas mentioned that some of them could fail
https://orgmode.org/list/87r1j6b6ku.fsf@nicolasgoaziou.fr
I do not see any reason for failure. I just have tried C.UTF-8, en_US.UTF-8,
es_ES.UTF-8, and ru_RU.UTF-8 locales (interactively) and do not see any
problem. This set of locales has 3 different collation rules,
however I do not think it matters for tests.

[...]

There is redefinition of `string-collate-lessp' to run tests with "C" locale:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/src/master/testing/lisp/test-org-list.el#L1207

I probably missed that re-definition. Feel free to disregard my comment.

Do not consider this reminder as I insist on committing the patches. I am rather curious which kinds of unit tests are acceptable and which problems should be avoided.

Since it is just tests, it does not matter whether the patches will be committed before or after the release.