Re: [Worg] Proposing a few CSS changes

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [Worg] Proposing a few CSS changes
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 11:42:27 +0800

Hi  Adam,

A quick note following on from your comments.

> I find it frustrating when I’ve configured my browser to […]

I think this is the source of our differences of opinion. I personally haven’t
touched my browser’s default CSS, and am not a fan of the default styling, but
clearly you have changed your browser’s default CSS to something that you find
works well.

This leads me to a slightly conflicted position, because I both like the idea
that if the user has set up their browser to use a font they like, a text size
they like etc. that sites would respect that. But I also suspect that very few
people ever do this, and am not that happy about how things look with unmodified
browser defaults. Here I lean towards trying to ensure the best average
experience, and unfortunately I think that means overriding the default CSS.

All the best,
Timothy