Re: [BUG] 81c7a2dee8 misaligns time lines in agenda

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [BUG] 81c7a2dee8 misaligns time lines in agenda
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 21:53:15 -0500

Hi Bastien,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 2:46 PM Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Since Bastien made this change, and it's very simple, I'm guessing he'll
> > know what the proper fix is.  :)
>
> The change I made was superceded by Nicolas series of patches:
>
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/log/?qt=grep&q=fix+org-duration-to-minutes+error

Oops, thanks.  I found your commit by searching the log, but I should
have checked blame on the code to see if it had been changed since
then.

> I agree the new alignment looks wrong: the starting time should
> bit right-aligned with other time above/below, and the separating
> dash should not spaces for "HH:MM" time strings on the right, but
> only for " H:MM".
>
> Would you have time to prepare a patch for this?

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce it on my system, even using Org
9.4.6 in a clean Emacs config.  For some reason, it only seems to
happen on the org-super-agenda repo's GitHub Actions CI (which tests
on Emacs 26.3, 27.1, and snapshot versions).  So I'm not sure what's
going on.  :(  Hopefully Nicolas's changes solve the problem for Org
9.5 (if the problem is really one after all).